Activities for 3-6 month old babies
March 14th, 2017 | by Alexandra | No Comments
We’ve been trying out lots of new activities recently with Imogen which have been helping to develop a range of new skills and build up her muscles which will help further her development. Here are our top five activities we like do:
- Tummy time- We use tummy time to help develop them all important muscles helping her to lift her head, neck and shoulders and develop her motor skills. We put toys around her allowing her to reach out to grab hold of anything she likes to play with and will help to encourage her to move.
- Painting- Imogen loves to explore the texture of the paint, make sure you use child friendly poster paints as babies do tend to put it in their mouths. Also dress your child in an apron or clothes you don’t mind getting messy and stained. Painting will help to make them aware of different textures and develop fine motor skills.
- Balloon play- This is one of Imogen’s favourite activities. Tie helium filled balloons gently to your babies ankles. This will help them become aware of their feet and to help build neck and shoulder muscles when looking at their feet. Make sure you keep this activity supervised at all times.
- Going for walks- We love to get outside even if cold. We take Imogen for long walks and talk to her about the environment and what she can see and different noises whether its dogs barking or the sound of passing cars. This always tires her out so she has nice long naps afterwards.
- Jumperoo- The jumperoo helps to build core muscles, keeping her head up and building her leg muscles bouncing away. With the electronic toys attached to the jumperoo is helps to develop an awareness of action and response as well as hand eye co-ordination.