Chicken Korma Slimming World Style
Gavin and I love our Indian takeaways (who doesn’t). Whenever we go to the takeaway or to an Indian restaurant I always like to have a classic Chicken Korma, I just love the creaminess and taste of the Korma and it is just an all time favourite of mine. I really fancied an Indian tonight, but I was kind of naughty on the weekend having too many syns, so I decided to try and make one of my own (Slimming World style of course) from scratch. Yet again this is a nice and simple recipe to follow.
2 large chicken fillets, cut into small chunks
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3tbsp tomato puree
2tbsp Korma curry powder
300ml vegetable stock
250g fat free fromage frais
frylight or low calorie spray of your choice
rice to serve of your choice.
How to make:
1. Spray a frying pan with frylight, add the chicken pieces and fry until browned all over or for roughly 4-5 minutes.
2. Transfer the chicken to another bowl and set aside.
3. Re-spray the frying pan with frylight, start frying the onion and the garlic until the onion is tender.
4. Add the tomato puree, vegetable stock, korma curry powder and passata. Cook until boiling, then add the cooked chicken pieces, stir, cover and place over a medium-low heat for 45 minutes on simmer.
5. Meanwhile cook the rice according to packet instructions.
6. Remove the curry from the heat, add the fromage frais, then serve with the rice.
This recipe serves 4 and is syn free.
Let us know how you get on with this recipe and what you think of it.