I’m not usually the recipe chef in the house but every now and then I’ll be adding a few of my recipes that I/we try out. Whether it’s a master-piece or disaster!
Stuffed Chicken Bacon Stack with Vegetables
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Total Time: Roughly 30 minutes
Syns per serving: FREE
What you’ll need (ingredients):
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
- 2 tbsp finely chopped tarragon
- 2 tbsp fat free cottage cheese blended until smooth
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 strips of lean turkey bacon (all visible fat removed)
- Mixed Veg of your choosing (Carrots, Peas, Swede whatever you like!)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C.
- Peel and cut the garlic cloves into small pieces, then put the cottage cheese and tarragon plus the grated lemon zest together mix within a bowl.
- Make a cut length-wise down the side of each chicken breast to make a pocket – taking care not to cut right through As this will prevent any of the filling from escaping.
- Spoon the filling in the chicken pockets and then wrap them up using the bacon strips.
- Secure with a toothpick and cook in the oven for 20–25 minutes or until the bacon is lightly browned and the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the oven and serve immediately with steamed/boiled vegetables.
I personally thought this recipe was nice however I believe there was too much garlic cloves used as it was over powering on some of the other flavours. It was light and you can’t go wrong with having chicken and bacon together! I rate this dish 6/10.
As you can see I added roasted courgettes which were diced and then spray with fry-light.
Yesterday we received some brilliant news that we have been waiting for for over three months. We had a phonecall from our property lawyers to confirm the exchange of the house and we could pick up the keys today! I have never been so excited to get a pair of keys. Now this is where the fun begins of decorating. We can not wait to upload some pictures and share with you our home… This is where our story begins.
We tried another new Slimming World recipe this weekend which was Singapore beef. It was so full of flavour and a great dish to try, every bite was a different taste. One bite was soy sauce, another the ginger and then the chilli.
I definitely will be making Singapore Beef again.
Ingredients needed for this dish are:
1 tbsp of finely grated ginger
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
2 finely chopped garlic cloves
6 sliced spring onions, with some left to garnish
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
300g of a pack of stir-fry vegetables
250g of lean mince beef
Fry-light or a low calorie cooking spray
250g dried medium egg noodles.
This dish should serve roughly 2 people and only takes 15 minutes to cook.
How to make the Singapore Beef dish
Start off by cooking the noodles according to the packet instuctions, drain the noodles and put aside keeping them warm.
Whilst cooking, spray a wok or frying pan with your low calorie cooking spray and add the ginger, garlic, chilli, spring onions, stir-fry vegetables and the mince beef.
Cook for roughly 6 minutes or until the mince is cooked and the vegetables are soft.
Add the soy sauces and the sweet chilli sauce and mix well, cooking for 2 more minutes.
This will now be ready to serve alongside the noodles.
Finish off by garnishing with the left over spring onions.
I hope you enjoy Singapore beef as much as we did!