Slimming World Pasta BologneseBy Published: October 15th, 2014
Slimming World Pasta Bolognese
This is a really simple and easy recipe to make and is definitely a family favourite.
frylight or a low calorie cooking spray
1 large onion,finely chopped,
3 garlic cloves, crushed
half tsp dried chilli flakes
half tsp ground cinnamon
1 heaped tsp dried basil
1 large carrot, chopped or finely grated
handful of mushrooms finely chopped
1 yellow pepper finely chopped
500g extra-lean minced beef
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spray a large frying pan with frylight and add the onion, garlic and the chilli flakes. Cook until the onions are softened and stir occasionally
- Add the cinnamon, basil, carrots, peppers, mushrooms and the minced beef, fry this for roughly 4 minutes until the minced beef is browned.
- Now add the tomatoes, passata and sweetener, season and stir all the ingredients together. Bring it to the boil then cover and simmer over a low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Whilst this is cooking on a low heat make the pasta according to packet instructions.
- Serve together and add cheese if you wish to.
This roughly takes about 45 minutes to make and serves 4 people.
This recipe is free on the extra easy slimming world plan (if using cheese make sure you measure using healthy extra A or syns)
We also had our own homemade garlic bread using 1 slice of wholemeal bread (healthy extra B) and a couple of sprays of garlic frylight to have alongside our pasta bolognese. Its quick and easy to make simply spray the bread 2 or 3 times with the garlic frylight and pop in the toaster.