Slimming World Stuffed Chicken Bacon StackBy Published: October 3rd, 2014
Slimming World Stuffed Chicken Bacon Stack
I’m not usually the recipe chef in the house but every now and then I’ll be adding a few of my recipes that I/we try out. Whether it’s a master-piece or disaster!
Stuffed Chicken Bacon Stack with Vegetables
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Total Time: Roughly 30 minutes
Syns per serving: FREE
What you’ll need (ingredients):
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
- 2 tbsp finely chopped tarragon
- 2 tbsp fat free cottage cheese blended until smooth
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 strips of lean turkey bacon (all visible fat removed)
- Mixed Veg of your choosing (Carrots, Peas, Swede whatever you like!)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C.
- Peel and cut the garlic cloves into small pieces, then put the cottage cheese and tarragon plus the grated lemon zest together mix within a bowl.
- Make a cut length-wise down the side of each chicken breast to make a pocket – taking care not to cut right through As this will prevent any of the filling from escaping.
- Spoon the filling in the chicken pockets and then wrap them up using the bacon strips.
- Secure with a toothpick and cook in the oven for 20–25 minutes or until the bacon is lightly browned and the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the oven and serve immediately with steamed/boiled vegetables.
I personally thought this recipe was nice however I believe there was too much garlic cloves used as it was over powering on some of the other flavours. It was light and you can’t go wrong with having chicken and bacon together! I rate this dish 6/10.
As you can see I added roasted courgettes which were diced and then spray with fry-light.