Simple Slimming World Stuffing for Roast DinnersBy Published: October 27th, 2014
Simple Slimming World Stuffing for Roast Dinners
I kind of stumbled across this mix when trying to cook a simple roast chicken dinner last week. I was quite surprised with the results considering. I think this recipe is great for those Sunday roasts with family where your slightly restricted with your diets and the rest of the family can go all out. I’m not sure if this is Syn free or you’ll need to add this as an healthy extra. So if you do know, please let us know in the comments below!
This will serve roughly 4, depending on your portion size.
Ingredients for Stuffing mix
- 1 Large Onion (White, but if no white I used Red in mine)
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves (depending on how much you like garlic)
- Mixed herbs, or Thyme, Parsley, Sage & Tarragon (1-2 tsp)
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 4-5 slices of brown wholemeal bread
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
What you’ll need to make and cook the stuffing
- Sharp chopping knife
- chopping board
- frying pan
- baking tray
- Large Bowl or similar
The Slimming World Stuffing Mix Recipe
- Chop & Dice the large online into small pieces and add to frying pan with a little cooking spray, bring the onion to soften but don’t brown. Add the onion to the bowl.
- Peel and chop finely the Garlic gloves and add this to the onions.
- Add the slices of bread but with each one cut off the crust (or add the crust if you like) but break away the slices of bread into small flaky chunks. I used a fork and ‘raked’ the slice of bread to make breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle your herbs (depending what you have) to the mixture.
- add salt and pepper to season your mix.
- Add the beaten egg to the mixture, add in small parts only enough to bind the mixture together. Mix up the bowl well using your hands.
- Make small balls or large depending on your preference and place on baking tray.
- Add a little cooking spray again and sprinkle more herbs if desired.
- Roast in the oven at 180 degrees for 25mins. When it gets to 15-20 just keep an eye that they aren’t burning depending on the size of your stuffing balls.
Let us know what you think and how you get on with your recipe!